As discussed in the “Skype’s Core Applications” section of Experience Skype to the Max, one of Skype’s unique technologies has been its royalty-free SILK audio codec that provides crystal clear audio on Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls. However, Skype also submitted SILK to the IETF to request its addition to IETF standards as one element […]
Archive | Communications Technology RSS feed for this section
Yep, that’s a bold statement (no pun intended) but after attending yesterday’s BB10 Jam World Tour session in RIM’s home town (technically in Kitchener but Kitchener-Waterloo are adjoined twin cities), there certainly were lots of developer resources on display that were acclaimed for making it easy not only to develop but also to port applications […]
About two weeks ago Skype announced its participation with Symantec, Adobe and TomTom in International Technology Upgrade week. Backed by a survey of users in the U.S., U.K. and Germany that demonstrated a significant lack of awareness of the importance of software updates, Skype had been explaining why it is important that these software updates […]
It’s almost two weeks since RIM announced further delays in delivery of BlackBerry 10. It was a significant blow to RIM’s fan base; Chris Umiastowski had one of the most informative and realistic post-conference call posts that I had seen. The following week RIM started to fight back with a media blitz: CEO Thorsten Heins’ […]
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it […]
Over the past five weeks, since the launch of Playbook OS2.0, I have been using the BlackBerry PlayBook as my primary tablet to see if I can carry on my normal “roaming” activities. This comes after a year of using an original iPad, which I have found to be the equivalent of an “electronic briefcase”. […]
This is the first of four posts covering the Skype Shop – an introduction, qualifying products offered, learning about an individual product and, finally, making purchases and follow-up. When it comes to making Skype calls it’s really a combination of the Skype software and any co-requisite PC-based audio/video hardware required to complete a call. But […]
Over the past few months CounterPath’s Bria softphone clients have become an industry standard softphone client for connections to SIP-based services whether from a hosted service or a local PBX. Bria offers chat, voice calling and, as first demonstrated at CES 2012, video calling between Bria clients or out to the PSTN. It’s available on […]
TelyHD not only sets a new low price point for implementing Skype for TV; it offers excellent quality call performance and, with its Android foundation, has the potential to become a major platform for other TV-appropriate applications. As mentioned in my review of Skype for TV at CES 2012, Tely Labs was giving the first […]
From the time just over four years ago when Skype introduced High Quality Video at VGA (640 x 480) resolution and 30 frames per second (“fps” or “frame rate”) I have had the opportunity to test many webcams for Skype Video calling. In the fall of 2010 I reported on the launch of HD Video […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 08:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 07:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 01:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 11:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 12:19:07 PM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 08:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available