This evening I found that friend Dan York has taken up the challenge of posting daily as a participant in BlogHer’s National Blog Posting month. Often I would like to post something but have not come across anything that might be of interest to my audience. However, by following Twitter and Facebook as well as […]
Tag Archives | blogging
Bringing together over fifteen years’ experience as a user and follower of “voice” over Internet and other IP-based communications services, five years’ blogging experience, two years operating Voice On The Web – and meeting a great number of users and players in the Skype ecosystem – today marks the launch of the “New” Voice On […]
Over the past two months you may have noticed that my blogging activity has not had the usual frequency of at least one post every day or two. And during the past three weeks it really amounted to reporting on the launch of client In Store Solutions’ FREETALK Everyman headset. Have I lost interest in […]
Over the past three years of blogging about IP-based communications, one frequent reference has been to Dan York, who for the past eighteen months has been Director of Emerging Communication Technology in the Office of the CTO at Voxeo, whose story has often been blogged here. Once he joined Voxeo we noticed that Dan was […]
You may notice a slightly different appearance to Voice On The Web today. On Sunday blogger Luca Filigheddu expounded on the virtues of Thesis as a WordPress theme, with his post Here Is The Best WordPress Theme Ever: Thesis, as a result today we changed over to the much heralded Thesis theme for Voice On […]
Earlier today I wrote my final post at Skype Journal: Jim Courtney moves on. Let me tell you about the objectives for Voice On The Web: To provide an ongoing weblog featuring editorial opinions, commentary on the business aspects of emerging communications, product and service reviews, as well as tips for using Skype and other […]
At VON Canada 2005 I first met Stuart Henshall, the founder of Skype Journal; this Canadian VON event attracted bloggers from across North America. It was the only North American opportunity to hear Skype founder Nicklas Zennstrom personally while he was in legal limbo in the U.S. Later that year I was asked to write […]
Reports are surfacing that Skype has been playing a significant role for many of the Olympic athletes. Canadians have the option of watching Olympic activities during 18 hours of the day (from 6:00 p.m. to noon the following day – EDT or GMT-4) over two major networks: CBC and TSN. Canada had a dearth of […]
Pamela, the pioneering third party Skype conversation management utility, has evolved since its launch in 2004 into the premier utility for assisting your Skype activities with features such as call recording, conversation archiving, personalization, call scheduling and enhanced voice mail management. Its Rich Mood Editor, Emoticons, PamCasting and Blogging Support are amongst Pamela’s additional features. […]
Pioneer Skype Extra application Pamela has this week released version 4.0 with a new user interface: and several new features: More screenshots here. Download here. Pamela Basic is always free; other versions of Pamela have a 30-day trial. We’ll be doing a review, including a user case study, within the next ten days but in […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 07:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 06:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 12:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 10:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 11:19:07 AM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 07:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available